Monday, May 17, 2010

Post 17: The last of them


Alas, this will be my last post on my political blog -- officially, that is.

Unofficially, I'd like to keep blogging. And I can definitely see myself pursuing this more in Washington, D.C. while I have much more free time on my hands.

Something that's really bugged me in the past couple days is the whole deal of Poizner bringing up Whitman's voting records as campaign ads, mostly because I would just like to know where everyone is getting their facts.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Whitman remembers voting in at least two presidential elections, the most recent being 1988. If she wants to stick to that claim, she needs to be able to prove it.

Steve Poizner says she hasn't voted in more than two decades. Where is he getting his facts from? 

Nevertheless, things don't look so hot for Whitman with regards to her records. Who would put their trust in a politician who hasn't bothered to be a citizen first?

In the news today, former vice president Dick Cheney has officially endorsed Whitman. Whether that will benefit her, harm her or have little effect I'm not completely certain. However, my best bet would be that it won't do anything to further or to hinder her cause. 

In less-timely news, though still on the governor's race beat, Meg Whitman did finally meet with the board of editors at the Orange County Register as asked. She was, if you for some reason remember one of my first posts, the first candidate for governor to turn down the invitation in living memory at the Register. Bad move on her part, If I do say so myself. 

An ABC poll last week showed that Poizner was only trailing Whitman by two point. TWO POINTS! She was smoking him by 50 points not long ago.

Perhaps these campaign ads out by Poizner will be just enough to push him over the top. I wonder.

Less than one month left in the Golden State.

-- Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment